No ordinary winelands experience – The Franschhoek Cellar has it all!
Still not sure where to spend your hard-earned leisure time over the week ends?
TheFranschhoek Cellar is where it is all happening this summer, with an array of interesting attractions for the whole family.
The incredible visitor offering of this beautiful winery has brought it into contention for the coveted Klink Awards 2016 .
These influential awards are presented by Wine Tourism South Africa
and honours excellence and innovation in the wine tourism industry. The Franschhoek Cellar has
been nominated in two categories – Out of the Ordinary and The Ultimate Winelands Experience –
of this consumer-oriented competition, the results of which will be announced shortly.
The Franschhoek Cellar has everything and more to entertain you this summer – Here are 10 reasons why you simply have to visit this trailblazer of winelands hospitality
- The Franschhoek Cellar is home to the brands Franschhoek Cellar, Bellingham and Brampton, and features a spacious, contemporary tasting room where you can experience the wines that have made these ranges household names. Tutored tastings also be booked for groups in the stylish The Bernard Premium Lounge, where Bellingham’s award-winning winemaker, Niël Groenewald also hosts monthly masterclasses.
- No visit to The Franschhoek Cellar is complete without enjoying one of their delicious food and wine pairings. The chocolate and wine pairing and cheese and wine pairing showcase the amazing flavours of these local delicacies when paired with the perfect wine partner.
- Kids will adore the popular children’s play area. This wonderful enclosed, covered facility will keep the little ones busy for hours under capable childminder supervision while mom and dad enjoy the delicious food and drinks on offer in the courtyard flanking the play area. A special kids menu full of tasty treats adds to the fun.
- Speaking of great fresh fare, the restaurant at The Franschhoek Cellar boasts an inspired menu that has made it a firm favourite destination for foodies, with signature burgers and a great selection of vibrant seasonal dishes and mouthwatering snacks with unique South African flair.
- The Brampton Bar and Beer Garden ensures that beer lovers are by no means neglected, with an extensive selection of the finest local and international artisanal beers. The Brampton Cape Lager is a stand-out, refreshing and flavourful.
- The Franschhoek Cellar has no less than 4 event venues for events of any sort and size. There’s The Venue, a spacious, modern venue that can accommodate up to 350 guests, making it ideal for weddings and exhibitions. Mountain View overlooks the mountains and has an intimate and comfortable lounge and dining area with a bar, it is perfect for small functions and soirées. The Lapa with its thatched boma is great for small conferences and situated in a tranquil, rustic corner surrounded by green pastures. The Platform is a remodelled old railway platform with a contemporary feel that offers awe-inspiring views of the vineyards and mountain.
- You’ll enjoy your time at The Franschhoek Cellar so much that you might well want to stay over. And in the 2 beautifully furnished cottages, Rose and Protea, your accommodation will no doubt be memorable. These chic cottages each have two beautiful bedrooms that can each sleep four adults.
- A thrilling new drawcard is the cooking classes presented by The Franschhoek Cellar’s intrepid food and wine duo, Chef Jerry Kennedy and winemaker JD Rossouw. In the next instalment of their interactive Cooking 101 classes to take place in January, they will be preparing sumptuous seafood.
- The cool sounds of some of SA’s hottest music acts will be filling the air at The Franschhoek Cellar this summer, setting the tone for a spine-tingling atmosphere. The fantastic line-up includes Prime Circle, Watershed, Ard Matthews and Arno Carstens.
- With a central location at the gateway of the iconic tourism capital that is its namesake, The Franschhoek Cellar is the ideal base from which to explore some of the Cape’s most scenic spots, including the winelands and coast just a short drive away.
This impressive list certainly confirms that you can’t say that you’ve enjoyed the best of the Cape winelands if you haven’t been to The Franschhoek Cellar. It’s the complete winelands tourism experience in one world-class destination – so get there when you and be spoilt for choice and pleasure.