[Full Day Private Tour] Indulge in one of the oldest food pairings, cheese and wine, at some of the most legendary wine farms in the South African winelands. Pickup 8:30am to ~5:3pm drop off.
- Award-winning wine and Kasselshoop’s traditional artisan cheese tasting at Rhebokskoof Wine Estate
- Taste Forest Hill cheese like flavoured mountain cheese to brie, camembert and marisch, paired with an array of Anura wines
- Visit the famous Fairview cheesery and goat tower followed by a wine & cheese tasting, which includes a selection of 6 to 8 of Fairviews Jersey milk and goat’s milk cheeses
- Lunch at Goatshed restaurant (for own account)
- Self-guided stroll through the gardens at babylonstoren followed by wine tasting
- Visit the Babylonstoren deli and stock up on award-winning wines and cheeses
It all starts at the Anura Wine Farm tasting room, which is located on the foothills of the Simonsberg Mountain, with panoramic views overlooking vineyards, ponds and fynbos. This beautiful setting, along with fine wines and handcrafted cheeses, provides a memorable tasting experience. Taste Forest Hill cheeses like flavoured mountain cheese to brie, camembert and marisch paired with an array of Anura wines
The next stop is the cheese capital of the wine lands: Fairview. There’s a wide range of wines and cheeses available to choose from at the Fairview wine and cheese pairing, including a selection from the single vineyard range. Your tasting also includes a selection of 6 to 8 of Fairview’s Jersey milk and goat’s milk cheeses. Without a doubt, the most recognisable members of the Fairview team are the goats who call the famous tower their home. The tower was built in 1981 and it’s residents are well known around the winelands.
The next stop on the tour is Rhebokskloof Wine Estate, situated in the magnificent Paarl valley, 40 kilometres from Cape Town, and nestled between the granite hills of the Paarl Rock mountains. The experienced staff will lead a guided tasting of the different wine ranges. The estate also offers cheese and wine pairings, which includes Kasselshoop’s traditional cheeses.
The last stop on the cheese tour is babylonstoren, for wine tasting and a beautiful walk through the amazing garden.
Rate includes: Pick up and drop off from your accommodation in and around Cape Town, private guide/driver, 4 wine tastings and 3 cheese tastings
Rate excludes: lunch and optional visits
*NOTE:If you would like to customize this itinerary or book for more than 10 people,
please contact us at 083 631 3393 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Want more info on the South African Winelands : Download your copy of The Wine Tourism Travel Guide.
This internationally recognised quality guide provides you with a compendium of accessible information on more than 550 wines farms (contact details and locations) with cellars ranging from the boutique to the awesome industrial, along with the best of the best experiences in each region